Introducing the Next-Gen Ranger
November 25, 2021
This week Ford revealed to the world the smartest, most versatile and most capable Ranger ever – delivering an even more iconic pick-up for Fords customers.
The Next-Gen Ranger has been designed here in Australia using ‘human centred design’ philosophy and Ford’s Built Ford Tough DNA. Our designers and engineers conducted more than 5,000 interviews and dozens of immersive customer workshops to understand how customers used their pick-ups and what they wanted in the new Ranger.
Ford will release full vehicle specs and pricing by series at a later date. The Global reveal shows pre-production models, using international spec or prototype vehicles for Reveal Demonstration purposes.
Powertrain – New powertrain choices
- The 3.0L V6 engine for more power and torque for towing heavy loads and extreme off-roading.*
- The Next-Gen Ranger will also come with a choice of:
- A Single-Turbo incline four-cylinder diesels. The Single Turbo delivers great power, torque and fuel economy, which is important to small business owners or vehicle commercial fleets.*
- A Bi-Turbo incline four-cylinder diesels. This engine is a more sophisticated, performance variant for customers who want more power but need to maintain fuel economy.*
- The two transmission choices include a 10-speed auto (10R80) complementing the six-speed automatic (6R80).*
*Full Powertrain by series details for Australia will be confirmed at a later date.
FordPass – customers will be connected to their Ranger 24/7 via their smartphone. They’ll be able to remote start their vehicle and pre-condition the cabin on hot or cold days, to ensure the temp inside is comfortable when they get in or be able to receive notifications when the vehicle is due for service.
“Master Your Ranger” – Initiatives designed to support and encourage our customers to continue to learn more about their Rangers features and capabilities throughout their ownership journey. If customers have a question or want to learn more about how to best use Ranger’s high-tech features, we’ve got them covered, with virtual and hands-on education.
Online Service Convenience – Using Fords online service booking tool customers can make a booking at a time convenient to them, and provides them a variety of alternative transport methods including a service loan car or pick up and drop off service.
Appearance – Muscular But Refined.
- Visually, the next-generation Ranger is bold and confident, with a purposeful exterior that shares Ford’s global truck design DNA.
- The design features include a defined new grille and signature C-clamp headlight at the front, while a subtle shoulder line down the sides incorporates bolder wheel-arches that gives Ranger a sure-footed stance.
- For the first time, Ford Ranger offers Matrix LED headlights.
Accessories – For Your Personal Touch
- Customers will be able to personalise their Next-Gen Ranger with a range of almost 600 fully factory-backed work, urban and adventure accessories, depending on the market. These accessories include those developed in collaboration with global off-road icon, ARB 4×4 Accessories and will be fully backed by Ford’s New Vehicle Warranty of up to five years / unlimited kilometres. The ARB 4×4 Accessories and Ford collaboration will initially be rolling out in select markets.
Capability – Improves Ride, Handling & Cargo Management
- Engineers moved the front wheels forward by 50mm for a better approach angle and widen the track by 50mm for better off-road articulation, both of which improve the off-roading experience.
- Rear suspension dampers are now outboard of the frame rails to give drivers and passengers a better ride both on- and off-road.
- Customers have a choice of two four-wheel drive systems, an electric shift-on-the-fly system, or advanced full-time 4×4 system.
- Improved Cargo management system including an increased bed width, movable cargo tie down points, box partitioning, rear box step, load box caps and mobile bench with clamp pockets, drink holder and ruler.
High End Technology
- The heart of the Ranger’s connective experience is the large 10.1-inch or 12-inch touchscreen in the centre stack.
- Digital instrument panels loaded with Ford’s latest SYNC4 system, which comes ready with its voice-activated communications, entertainment and information systems.
- Embedded modern, allowing connectivity with the FordPass App with features like remote start, vehicle status check and remote lock and unlock functions.
- 360-degree camera to make parking a breeze in tight urban spaces or to assist when negotiating particularly tricky terrain while out exploring.
- Exterior four zone lighting system via touchscreen or the FordPass App.
- Wireless phone charging